How to Instantly Tick Off a Fangirl


[only related img I could find - L to crop people]

Now, fangirl may not be the best word to use, considering "fangirl" is seen as the most intense version of a fan. Let's just stick with nerdy girls - because even I get passionate about what we're going to discuss here.

So, what is the easiest, quickest way to tick off a nerdy chick?

Answer: Belittle their OTP.

If you don't know what an OTP is and are hardly interested in character pairings, turn back now, this article isn't for you. If you are - and still just making your journey into fandom - an OTP stands for "One True Pairing"

OTP's are what fandoms get really nasty about - Especially if said story has not confirmed a canon couple yet. There can be an all out rant war between fans just over who's is best.

I know, it's pretty ridiculous that all this ruckus happens over fictional characters, but to be fair, the same thing happens with sports teams... Actually, they're quite a bit worse, considering I've yet to see a riot over Ichiruki and Ichihime fans.... hmmm, though I wouldn't be surprised if it escalated to that....

On that note - it's fun to see the rivalry while the series is still ongoing. Especially when the studio producing it actually roots for one side. *cough* Peirrot *cough* haha

I bring this up because I had recently just posted something on my tumblr scrutinizing a certain relationship between a Doctor and his mentally damaged "wife". And holy moly, did I get a reaction. A feed that wouldn't ever get notes, instantly receives passionate traffic.

After seeing the long and well prepared response from an OTP fan, I couldn't help but chuckle at how our community puts so much passion into their pairings. It almost tickles the trolling side of you -and as a wannabe writer, I can only hope to tease possible readers with my never or hardly coming to fruition romances.

Ah... soon.

- Jay Emma